Photobucket Photobucket photobucket

Monday, July 18, 2011

Spray Paint- Part 3

Here is another update about my new love of a spray paint called Krylon Fusion.  I have posted twice before about spray paint.  Once asking all of you fellow bloggers about the possibilities of spray paint and another time updating you on my spray paint progress.

I started with a blue plastic 3 drawer unit.... seriously, it was blue like the one below.

BEFORE:
(online picture)


AFTER:
(Sorry about the glare.)

The paint covered so nicely.  I don't mind at all that the drawers are transparent anymore.  It was quite a task to paint this bugger, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.  Now, just to see if it holds up.  I think it will.

Another project I've been working on is something I came across on Pinterest.  You've got to check out this ladies blog: Coley's Corner.  She blogs about her life as a mom and wife and includes lots of crafty ideas.  The post that caught my eye is her crafty caddy.  I like how mine turned out, but I think hers looks much more polished.  I like her color scheme, too, but I needed to stick with what will match my classroom decor.  I will either use this on my desk, at my small group table, or maybe by my group meeting area with dry erase markers, poster markers, name sticks, etc. (I like the last option the best.)

So, here's my caddy:

I loved her simple directions... very helpful for a non-crafty person like me.  Check her out: here.

--Mrs. Pollard

7 comments:

  1. Super cute! I save frosting cans (my husband wants to nominate me for Hoarders) and I keep wondering how to use them...
    Now I just need a lazy susan! :)
    Thanks for posting!
    Mandy
    firstgradetothecore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours turned out awesome! I'm glad you found my directions helpful. Thanks for linking back to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took Coley's advice and went to my local Goodwill store to find a lazy susan. I was beyond amazed that they actually had one... and it was only $2.99!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - I love how all of the projects turned out! I think that would be a great thing for my desk AS WELL AS my small group spot (which is also where I lead whole group). I need to go stalk my GoodWill store!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Kryloned my blue lunch basket red cause I am too cheap to spend ten dollars on a new one. It looks great, too!
    Cecelia
    http://ilove1stgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm addicted to that spray paint! So far I've redone a dresser, a nightstand, 2 stools, and 3 mirrors! :)
    Miss B, Busy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was inspired by your spray painting posts so I tried it myself! I purchased the "Lakeshore" book bins from Target and spray painted them white then I added wall art stickers from Dollar Tree to match my classroom colors.

    ReplyDelete